Master’s Degree in Mexican Cuisine
First Master’s Degree in Mexican Cuisine in Mexico and Latin America.
Along with experts in the field, and traditional cooks, the history and culture of Mexican cuisine lives on.
Today the industry of Hospitality, Food and Beverages, is requiring professionals in the kitchen with ample knowledge both theorical and practical, and proficiency in analysis and development, together with knowledge of history and anthropology among others; thus positioning them in a platform of research, rescue, disclousure and promotion, as real authors of our cuisine.
This way, professionals of culinary art will find, through our Master´s Degree Program, an interesting area of opportunity to learn and complement their formation.
3 classroom days per month, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday
The rest remotely through our platform
You choose the day and time that suits you best.
1. Traditional Mexican cuisine
2. The cornfield: Mesoamerican trinity: corn, beans and squash
3. Natural Resources: Chiles, mushrooms, quelites, herbs and animals
4. Pre-hispanic cuisine: The Conquest, and New Spain
5. Cuisine of Mexico through the XXI century
6. Baja California and Baja California Sur
7. North Pacific Region, Northern highlands and the Huasteca
8. Northern Gulf and Central Pacific regions
9. Central Highlands
10. Central Gulf region, Southern Pacific, and Southern Highlands
11. Southern Gulf region, Yucatan Peninsula and Mexico City
12. Gastronimic Sample
Basic knowledge of cooking
Interpretation of recipes
Basic knowledge of the culture and the social context of Mexico
Ability to apply the method of documental research
Ability to issue critically founded judgements
Attitud for service towards society and institutions
Promoter of Mexican Cuisine, globally and by regions
Consultancy and Advisory in Mexican Cuisine
Designer of specialized menus in Mexican Cuisine